Employee Spotlight: Get to Know Strategic Account Manager Ty Brush
A-LIGN was recently recognized in Florida State University’s Seminole 100 list as one of the fastest growing Seminole-owned businesses in the United States. As we begin recruiting at universities across the nation, A-LIGN would like to highlight a member of our business development team and Florida State University alumnus, Ty Brush.
- What is your role at A-LIGN?
I am the Strategic Account Manager at A-LIGN. It’s my responsibility to ensure we maintain a constant connection with our clients, stand ready to respond to their needs, and provide proactive guidance on risks that could affect their business. I maintain A-LIGN’s commitments to helping our clients navigate the compliance and security landscape by mitigating information security risks.
- Originally an auditor at A-LIGN, why did you move to the sales department? Describe that transition and the benefits it has had.
I gratefully accepted the offer to transition into an account management role because of the tremendous learning opportunity that it presented. The opportunity to advise clients on the multitude of compliance objectives available to them to improve their operations and attract and retain customers provided a new and exciting challenge to me.
- As a recruit from Florida State University (FSU), how would you describe A-LIGN’s formal recruiting process?
Finding a career path out of school is always confusing. As a new college graduate, A-LIGN showed me the care they have for their employees from the very first interaction at the FSU career fair. Every team member I encountered was candid and extremely helpful.
- What is your favorite part about working at A-LIGN?
My favorite part about working at A-LIGN is the exposure to all the unique industries that our over 1,200 clients work in. Every communication I have with a new client yields more knowledge of trends, technology, and business models.
- What value does A-LIGN provide clients?
A-LIGN’s value proposition is our employees. We have a diversified group of individuals all focused on providing our clients the tools, knowledge, and compliance they need to grow and succeed as an organization.
- Name an A-LIGN value and what does it mean to you? Commit to Quality, Be All In, Innovate Constantly, Do the Right Thing Always.
Innovate Constantly. It means I can walk into the CEO’s office, explain a problem our client is facing and develop a unique solution and plan, to respond to our client’s needs.
- If you could be anyone for a week, whom would you be and why?
Jimmy Buffet... Because it’s always five o’clock somewhere.
- What would your advice be to a new college graduate deciding on what career option to pursue?
Find an organization that is going to provide you the opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally. Your first landing spot will likely not be your last, so it is critical to develop and learn as much as you can at that first job!
Have questions about Ty Brush or joining the A-LIGN team? Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Keep an eye out for A-LIGN’s team at career events at your university!