Service Organization Controls (SOC) 1 / SSAE 16 Examination
Obtaining a SOC 1 / SSAE 16 report differentiates your service organization by demonstrating the establishment of effectively designed controls and subsequently providing your customers with the peace of mind to engage with your organization.
About SOC 1 / SSAE 16
Receiving a SOC 1 / SSAE 16 report provides clients assurance regarding the controls in place in your environment that are relevant to the user entities’ control over financial reporting. Previously, SAS 70 was used to provide evidence that an organization had operational controls in place with regard to the financial reporting of their customers. However, as of 2011, SOC 1 / SSAE 16 superseded SAS 70.
There are two types of SOC 1 / SSAE 16 reports:
- Type 1: The Type 1 report focuses on management’s description of your organization’s system as a whole, as well as how well your controls are designs in order to achieve the control objectives. SSAE 16 Type 1 focuses on a specific date in time in which the controls are placed in operation.
- Type 2: The Type 2 report provides the same information held within Type 1, with the addition of an opinion on the operational effectiveness of the controls, as related to the control objectives. Additionally, a Type 2 report includes detailed descriptions of the service auditor’s tests of the operating effectiveness of the controls and the results of those tests. SSAE 16 Type 2 focuses on a service organization’s controls over the course of a specific review period.
- Readiness Assessment: A-LIGN also provides a SOC 1 / SSAE 16 Readiness Assessment, which affords service organizations the opportunity to ensure they are prepared prior to the official engagement.
SOC 1 / SSAE 16 Solutions Tailored to Your Company
Choosing A-LIGN as your partner in completing a SOC 1 / SSAE 16 report benefits your organization by:
- Developing a competitive advantage against similar companies who have not completed a SOC 1 / SSAE 16 report.
- Providing your customers with peace of mind.
- Allowing you to meet contractual requirements with stress-free service.
The A-LIGN Edge
Our customized compliance solutions and streamlined audit process allow you to meet all of your audit and compliance needs with a single service provider. One-stop shopping means a stress-free audit process for you, as you work with one team who understands the unique needs of your organization. See what our clients have to say:
Benefit from Our Expertise