Obtaining an SSAE 18 report differentiates your service organization by demonstrating the establishment of effectively designed controls and subsequently providing your customers with the peace of mind to engage with your organization.
About SOC 1 / SSAE 18
Receiving an SSAE 18 report provides clients assurance regarding the controls in place in your environment that are relevant to the user entities’ control over financial reporting.
The SSAE 18 audit standard will supersede the SSAE 16 report, effective May 1, 2017. Any on or after that date will be issued under the new SSAE 18 standard. The changes present in SSAE 18 include:
- Vendor Management
- Complementary Subservice Organization Controls
- Written Assertion Requirement
There are two types of SSAE 18 reports:
- Type 1: The Type 1 report focuses on management’s description of your organization’s system as a whole, as well as how well your controls are designed in order to achieve the control objectives. SSAE 18 Type 1 focuses on a specific date in time in which the controls are placed in operation.
- Type 2: The Type 2 report provides the same information held within Type 1, with the addition of an opinion on the operational effectiveness of the controls, as related to the control objectives. Additionally, a Type 2 report includes detailed descriptions of the service auditor’s tests of the operating effectiveness of the controls and the results of those tests. SSAE 18 Type 2 focuses on a service organization’s controls over the course of a specific review period.
- Readiness Assessment: A-LIGN also provides an SSAE 18 Readiness Assessment, which affords service organizations the opportunity to ensure they are prepared prior to the official engagement.
SSAE 18 Solutions Tailored to Your Company
Choosing A-LIGN as your partner in completing an SSAE 18 examination benefits your organization by:
- Developing a competitive advantage against similar companies who have not completed an SSAE 18 report.
- Providing your customers with peace of mind.
- Allowing you to meet contractual requirements with stress-free service.
The A-LIGN Edge
Our customized compliance solutions and streamlined audit process allow you to meet all of your audit and compliance needs with a single service provider. One-stop shopping means a stress-free audit process for you, as you work with one team who understands the unique needs of your organization. See what our clients have to say: