ABOUT THE ROLE
The Staff Accountant works to maintain financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. As the Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciling subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. In this role, you will prepare complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports, as well as maintaining a strong internal control environment through knowledge and application of GAAP principles. You will also assist in contributing to process improvements/implementation of best practices, preparation of journal entries, performing balance sheet account reconciliations, conducting variance analyses, and supporting business initiatives as needed to further enhance Company performance. You will also be responsible for analyzing current costs, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to understand future financial trends.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Controller
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
- Prepare standard and non-standard journal entries. Must be able to analyze general ledger and activity to be self-sufficient to prepare entries with accurate and adequate supporting documentation.
- Manage Fixed Assets module and project capitalization/depreciation schedules.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations. Document GL balances to supporting documentation, identify, investigate, explain, and age differences, correct accounts as necessary.
- Provide various analyses. For example: variance analysis to prior month with trend data.
- Cash Management
- Perform daily cash deposits, cash entries and cash related journal entries
- Daily Reconciliation of book to bank
- Cash forecasting
- Monitor bank transactions
- Perform financial analysis and monitor results to support operational excellence and lean enterprise initiatives.
- Be a subject matter expert in Accounting and Month End and be a resource for assisting to the rest of the accounting team.
- Step beyond established role in accounting to further enhance overall business performance.
- Prepare month end closing process and ownership of general activities, including fixed assets, debt schedules, and other schedules.
- Support annual audit preparation, testing, and remediation for financial reporting, expenditures, revenue, and IT cycles.
- Liaise with other internal departments as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar field
- 2-5 years of professional accounting experience; public accounting experience a plus
- Experience with ERP systems; Salesforce preferred but not required
- Detail oriented:
- Verifies work to minimize errors.
- Work is completed timely and meets specification on first submission.
- Makes conscious effort to understand root cause and identify appropriate countermeasures for resolution.
- Technically proficient:
- Understands accounting principles and theory to effectively execute role.
- Recognizes attributes of a strong internal control environment.
- Follows policies and procedures
- Employer Paid Health, Vision, Dental
- 401 (K) Plan with Employer Matching
- Competitive Bonus Structure
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Virtual Employment
- Technology Allowance
- Vacation Bonus
- Paid Office Closure December 24-January 1
- Paid Holidays Schedule
- Certification Reimbursement
- Flu Shot Reimbursement
A-LIGN is a technology-enabled security and compliance partner trusted by more than 2,400 global organizations to confidently mitigate cybersecurity risks. We work with small businesses to global enterprises with services spanning across SOC, Penetration Testing, PCI DSS, HITRUST, ISO and privacy compliance. Our proprietary compliance management platform is transforming the compliance experience by enabling an anytime, anywhere approach to audits. For more information, visit www.A-LIGN.com.
COME WORK FOR A-LIGN!
Apply online today at A-LIGN.com!
A-LIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Minorities, women, disabled, and veterans encouraged to apply!