ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Staff Consultant, your responsibilities will include standard project execution and client service activities, focused primarily on SOC 1/SSAE 18 and SOC 2 examinations. You may also be involved in HIPAA Security Rule assessments.
You will have the opportunity to gain a variety of project experience with high profile clients, across various industries. As an added benefit, we have eliminated the strict chargeability goals, and sales pressure!
REPORTS TO: Managing Consultant/Service Delivery Manager, Panama General Manager
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
- Plan and execute SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, HIPAA and other engagements under the direction of a member of the management team
- Create agendas
- Lead client meetings and maintain client relationships
- Perform audit testing under the direction of the management team
- Communicate effectively to the client, prior to, during, and post on-site visit
- Review manager’s planning meeting minutes, and prepare as appropriate for meetings
- Prepare lead sheets throughout the project
- Gather evidence and review
- Provide draft reports to management, within defined timelines
- Provide detailed project status reports weekly to management
- Organize client information on A-LIGN’s drive
- Communicate to management about any potential issues
- Supervise staff through client engagements
- Provide feedback to junior consultants and management team
- Travel occasionally to clients’ offices
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in cyber security, management information systems, or relevant discipline
- At least 3 years of experience performing information system audits or information security reviews at a Big 4, QSAC, accredited ISO 27001 certification body, or accredited FedRAMP 3PAO
- Currently holds at least one of the following: CPA, ISO 27001 LA or LI, CISA, CISM, QSA, CISSP, or other relevant certification
- Ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of motivation
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work individually as well as collaboratively
- A high degree of motivation
HOW DO WE EVALUATE CANDIDATES?
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate they have the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are needed to perform their job successfully. These core competencies include:
- Knowing My Organization – Do you demonstrate an understanding of A-LIGN’S product/service offerings? Are you able to leverage organizational values in how work is accomplished?
- Focusing on Customers – Do you understand and anticipate customer needs? Are you able to develop a positive relationship with the customers? Do you provide high-quality products and services to exceed expectations?
- Showing Resilience – Do you convey a clear sense of self-confidence to influence future events? Are you able to stay calm and composed under pressure? Do you effectively resolve conflicts and disagreements?
- Engendering Confidence and Trust – Do you instill confidence and trust by demonstrating dependability and reliability? Do you portray trustworthiness by being open and honest?
- Processing Details – Do you ensure projects are completed on time by keeping work on schedule? Are you able to thoroughly work on tasks and provide high quality work? Do you follow rules and established processes to minimize risks?
- Structuring Tasks – Do you plan your work and set clear priorities? Are you able to uphold ethical standards and fulfill commitments while maintaining high levels productivity and output?
A-LIGN is a technology-enabled security and compliance partner trusted by more than 2,400 global organizations to confidently mitigate cybersecurity risks. We work with small businesses to global enterprises with services spanning across SOC, Penetration Testing, PCI DSS, HITRUST, ISO and privacy compliance. Our proprietary compliance management platform is transforming the compliance experience by enabling an anytime, anywhere approach to audits. For more information, visit www.A-LIGN.com.