ABOUT THE ROLE
The Cloud Engineer will work collaboratively with our in-house DevOps team to build out cloud infrastructure within Google Cloud Platform, Azure, and AWS using best practices.
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
- Collaborate with team members and leadership to develop road maps and strategies for Google Cloud Platform, Azure, and AWS cloud use
- Facilitate teams gaining greater autonomy while maintaining alignment and compliance across the business.
- Participate in architectural governance activities
- Support cybersecurity audit efforts by gathering evidence for in-scope systems.
- Partner with the support team to troubleshoot deep technical issues by digging into code to seek deep understanding. The application world is code, and you have a native mind for forensic code activities as well as a personality conducive to interfacing with peers to ask “why”.
- Support pipelines for building and deploying applications to cloud environments using GitHub, Cloud Build, Github Actions, Kubernetes, Terraform, and similar tools.
- Partner with development teams to find the best balance of architecture, security, and delivery
- Expect to participate in all manner of team projects. We build, we deploy, we fix, we help everyone in Engineering.
- You’ll be familiar with things like GitOps, Container Release infrastructure, Kubernetes, and container ecosystems (yes, all the pieces around K8s) at least conceptually.
- Help to perform risk analysis of new and current build projects.
- Conceptualizing and thinking about threat assessments and threat modeling both in the release cycle and containerized environments.
- Attention to detail and a keen ability to document and maintain documentation around what you do.
KEY CAPABILITIES FOR SUCESS IN THIS ROLE
- Experience with using infrastructure as code tools. Ideally you will have already used Terraform extensively.
- Experience in managing containerized workloads. You will have worked with Kubernetes, ideally in hybrid or multi-cloud environments.
- An understanding of modern application networking - e.g., Service Mesh and API Gateways.
- Background in application security basics. You understand HSTS, CSPs, CORS and can more than regurgitate the OWASP top ten exploitation paths and control mitigations to protect against them.
- Security awareness and experience. You bring a "security by design" mindset to everything you build.
- At minimum a basic understanding of old and new development patterns, release cycles, CI/CD, and code check-in, branching, and review processes.
- You will have worked in an environment with a non-trivial number of services to wrangle and understand the tools and techniques required.
- You’ll have a background in cloud platforms and services (GCP, AWS, Azure). You know when to use them for benefit and when to avoid them or layer on top of them to help with broader organizational strategies around service lock-in.
- Experience working in an audit compliant environment and continually maintaining compliance (SOC, etc).
- Experience building applications in at least one language in recent history and understand the complexities involved in building in modern languages. If you’re a polyglot and know more than one language it’s a plus.
- Experience in architecting, designing and developing cloud native applications on CI/CD platforms.
- An ability to decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- A desire to learn new things and work with a diverse array of technologies.
- A background in container build environments
- A “define the problem” mindset that seeks deep understanding over quick fixes.
- Familiarity with automated testing and tools.
- You are comfortable working with Linux and understand the tools available for automating deployments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, MIS preferred but not required
- Equivalent work experience and/or training required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with cloud infrastructure and platforms
- Minimum 2 years of experience in enterprise software development
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Employer Paid Health, Vision, Dental
- 401 (K) Plan with Employer Matching
- Competitive Bonus Structure
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Virtual Employment
- Technology Allowance
- Vacation Bonus
- Paid Office Closure December 24-January 1
- Paid Holidays Schedule
- Certification Reimbursement
- Flu Shot Reimbursement
A-LIGN is a technology-enabled security and compliance partner trusted by more than 2,400 global organizations to confidently mitigate cybersecurity risks. We work with small businesses to global enterprises with services spanning across SOC, Penetration Testing, PCI DSS, HITRUST, ISO and privacy compliance. Our proprietary compliance management platform is transforming the compliance experience by enabling an anytime, anywhere approach to audits. For more information, visit www.A-LIGN.com.