Take An In-Depth Look at the SOC 2 Audit Process
Understanding the purpose and examination process of a SOC 2 audit an be confusing for first-time users and experienced customers alike. A simple Google search can give you the basics of a SOC 2 audit, but that generalized knowledge is only the beginning.
In our whitepaper, The SOC 2 Examination Process, we take an in-depth look at the SOC 2 audit and address topics including:
- Frequently asked questions regarding SOC 2
- The differences between a Type 1 SOC 2 audit and a Type 2 SOC 2 audit
- Why do organizations often benefit from a readiness assessment?
- The steps involved in a SOC 2 audit
The Types of SOC 2 Audits
- SOC 2 Readiness: Our readiness assessment provides your organization with the tools and confidence to prepare for the route ahead with the help of our experienced auditors.
- SOC 2 Type 1: A Type 1 report which delivers a description of your organization’s system and its ability to meet the relevant criteria set by the Trust Services Criteria at a specific date in time.
- SOC 2 Type 2: Type 2 reports include a description of your organization’s system along with the results of the auditor’s tests, as related to the Trust Services Criteria over a period of time. In addition, a Type 2 report gives a historical view of an organization’s environment to determine if the organization’s internal controls are designed and operating effectively