About the Role
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer works independently and collaboratively to execute department activities. In this role, you will be responsible for validating software architecture, determining performance objectives, designing engineering processes, fixing production issues, and leading large or small efforts in Engineering. As the Senior Site Reliability Engineer, your work will help support the continued growth of our fast-paced company. A-LIGN will depend on you as the Senior Site Reliability Engineer to support management, maintain accountability, and other responsibilities.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
- Validates software architecture against known production systems/patterns and determines fit/feasibility during planning.
- Analyzes architecture and determines where failures may occur, proactively identifying bottlenecks.
- Analyses functional requirements and specifies operational requirements based on the same (load testing strategy, downtime mitigations, security incident response plans)
- Determines performance objectives and provides input into the design process as it relates to performance, reliability and scalability.
- Designs engineering processes to support rapid development for engineering pods.
- Develops POC architectures where needed to show how to address performance, reliability or scalability concerns in a given design.
- Writes code in more than 1 language with mastery.*or* has mastery with 1 or more software frameworks or stacks
- Understands and promotes established design patterns (e.g. Gang of Four patterns, SOLID principles) in their code.
- Teaches other developers recommended practices and patterns.
- Responsible for code reviews for a large portion of development efforts, specifically focusing on performance, scalability, reliability.
- Automates repetitive testing tasks and looks for opportunities to improve efficiency of the testing process.
- Fixes bugs and proactively looks for regressions.
- Supplements quality efforts from QA team by proactively deflecting bugs where feasible.
- Fixes production issues as reported by support teams.
- Works with support personnel and auditors to interactively resolve issues where needed.
- Proactively looks for support issues using telemetry.
- Evaluates supply chain/package dependencies in code to determine if they put performance, reliability, scalability or security goals at risk.
- Leads small and larger efforts in Engineering
- Mentor and coach to other engineers in their daily interactions.
- Diagnoses and debugs issues with developer toolchain and environment, including docker/Kubernetes.
- Diagnoses and debugs issue with production deployment and environments.
- Participates in security incident response process as well as data integrity response
- Employer Paid Health, Vision, Dental
- 401 (K) Plan with Employer Matching
- Competitive Bonus Structure
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Parking Allowance/Virtual Employment
- Technology Allowance
- Vacation Bonus
- Paid Office Closure December 24-January 1
- Paid Holidays Schedule
- Certification Reimbursement
- Flu Shot Reimbursement
- TSA PreCheck Reimbursement
- AAA Reimbursement
- Up to __% out of town travel
A-LIGN is a technology-enabled security and compliance partner trusted by more than 2,400 global organizations to confidently mitigate cybersecurity risks. We work with small businesses to global enterprises with services spanning across SOC, Penetration Testing, PCI DSS, HITRUST, ISO and privacy compliance. Our proprietary compliance management platform is transforming the compliance experience by enabling an anytime, anywhere approach to audits. For more information, visit
Come Work for A-LIGN!
Apply online today at A-LIGN.com!
A-LIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Minorities, women, disabled, and veterans encouraged to apply!