About the Role
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting and leading client engagements, assigning work, reviewing team contributions, and assuring quality reports are provided. You will lead engagements through the management of standard project execution, client service activities, and staff consultants. In addition to mentoring junior level staff, you will have the opportunity to provide input on methodology development, technical assessment strategy, and engagement planning for A-LIGN’s service offerings as a technical SME.
Senior Consultants are leaders in FISMA/FedRAMP who bring deep knowledge of client engagement and practice management. Using your strong experience with FISMA and FedRAMP and familiarity with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) you will support and lead teams to perform assessments for cloud computing technologies in meeting federal compliance. We have eliminated time reporting, chargeability goals, and sales pressure!
This position is open nationwide - candidates living anywhere in the United States can apply.
Reports to: FISMA/FedRAMP Manager
Pay Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
- Lead assessments from initiation to project closure including:
- Planning/Closing Meeting
- Process Walkthroughs
- Leading Findings Discussion
- Regular status updates internally and externally
- Coach other team members and assessors as part of team
- Drive working sessions with clients to ensure expectations and direction are aligned and timelines are being met
- Execute security assessments in accordance with NIST SP 800-53, 800-37, 800-171, and other authoritative IT security guidance
- Develop Security Authorization Packages and ensure completeness and compliance with FedRAMP requirements and other authoritative IT security guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, information security, computer science, or relevant discipline; or combination of relevant education and work experience
- Master’s degree is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in information security, with strong NIST experience (in order of preference): NIST SP 800-53, FedRAMP, RMF, FISMA, NIST SP 800-171
- Demonstrated knowledge of NIST publications, such as: NIST SP 800-30 rev 1, 800-37 rev 1 or 2, 800-53 rev 4, 800-53A rev 4, 800-60 Vol 1 & 2 rev 1, and 800-171 rev 1
- Experience with government compliance, including FISMA, FedRAMP, RMF, and CSF
- Experience with commercial cloud environments; architectures, technologies, and services
- Lead at least five FedRAMP or FISMA engagements from kick-off to report delivery
- At least one advanced cybersecurity certification such as: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, CRISC, CAP, CASP, or other relevant security certifications, multiple are preferred
- At least one vendor-specific cloud-related technology certifications such as: AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, Cisco Cloud, VMWare, etc. is preferred
- PMP is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of motivation working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead multiple assessment engagements and train junior staff
- Excellent communication skills to include the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Broad IT background with technical understanding of networks, protocols, security configurations, cryptography, identity and access management, and the systems development life cycle
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- 401 (K) Plan with Employer Matching
- Competitive Bonus Structure
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Virtual Employment
- Home Office Reimbursement
- Vacation Bonus
- Paid Office Closure December 24-January 1
- Paid Holidays Schedule
- Certification Reimbursement
A-LIGN is a technology-enabled security and compliance partner trusted by more than 2,400 global organizations to confidently mitigate cybersecurity risks. We work with small businesses to global enterprises with services spanning across SOC, Penetration Testing, PCI DSS, HITRUST, ISO and privacy compliance. Our proprietary compliance management platform is transforming the compliance experience by enabling an anytime, anywhere approach to audits. For more information, visit
Come Work for A-LIGN!
Apply online today at A-LIGN.com and learn about life at A-LIGN by following our Careers at A-LIGN LinkedIn!
A-LIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Minorities, women, disabled, and veterans encouraged to apply!